Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Home cooked meals and family time

Now that we are a family of 3, I am more inspired to cook at home and have dinner ready when Andrew gets home. It is sort of June Cleaver of me, I even vacuumed yesterday... Usually I put it off or wait for Andrew to vacuum. It was so simple and didn't take long; I don't know why I always procrastinated with vacuuming before? Silly.

When my family was in town visiting, they got me into cooking dinner and making easy to do meals at home. My dad showed me an easy recipe for Pork chops and I am going to make them again tonight.

Here is the pork chop recipe:
Serves 5-6 people

need:
pork chops cut into 2" chunks
jar of Prego spaghetti sauce
onion sliced up
apple sliced into wedges
dash salt
carrots chopped
provolone cheese
casserole dish
foil to cover

350 degrees 45 minutes cooking time,
dish up over pasta and serve with some garlic bread.

In the casserole dish place the pork chop chunks, onions sliced, apple wedges, carrots. Pour the whole jar of spaghetti sauce over everything. Top off with sliced (provolone) cheese about 4 or 5 to make a top layer. Cover the dish with foil and cook for 45 minutes.

Presto! Easy dinner!

No comments: