Friday, May 29, 2009

My Busy Weekend

It was a three day weekend, but for me being on maternity leave it was not a big deal having 3 days "off." Saturday I went to the Crown Valley Winery for my friends birthdays. We were celebrating for both Janae and Michelle. There was eleven of us, and we all rode down in a 12 passenger van. For $5 you are given 5 tokens, 1 token per wine taste. There is an covered outdoor area with tables set up for groups to gather and a live band playing. We got there early and set up shop, taking up three tables. We each brought food to share and snack on through out the day. I brought cheese cake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was three flavors and 12 slices to use for their birthday celebration. I stuck two birthday candles in the cheesecake for Michelle and Janae to blow out. We were at the Winery from 11am to about 4:30 or 5pm.

At the end of the day we headed back to Michelle's folks house (where all our cars were). Two of the guys that went with us were gay, so later that evening they wanted us to go to a gay bar. Some of us dragged out feet and were trying to think of other places we could go. I checked in with Andrew to see how he was doing with watching Baby Kara. He was having a fine time with Kara and encouraged me to stay out with them if I wanted to go. He was in no hurry for me to get home, and wanted me to enjoy my day out. I told the group I was up for going to the gay bar and would drive since I wasn't drinking any longer. We took two cars and headed down there. It was a biker type gay bar, the guys were all wearing leather stuff and some were not wearing T-shirts. For the guys going shirtless they should rethink that, they either had hairy chests or beer bellies...not so hot. This was a different crowd of gays than I was use too. I thought most gay guys were smokin hot and well groomed type and not so "Butch?" It was still fun going there and dancing, but it was a long day after going to the Winery and going there later. I ended up getting home at 2 AM! I had no idea I was going to be gone ALL day long like that.

Sunday was a bit sadder, I went to a funeral for my friend's Grandpa. He was 88 and lived a long loving life. I went to the funeral at the cemetery and to the wake afterwards at my friends folks house. Andrew stayed at home to watch Kara. This time I was only gone a few hours, from 1-5 pm.

Monday, Andrew was off work being the holiday. We were able to hang out and go on a date even! We dropped Kara off at our friends house and went to lunch and a movie. Lunch was a restaurant where we know the head chef and he said lunch was on him, we even got a Banana Split to share for free. It was so nice of him to do that. Then we were off to the movies. I had 2 free movie tickets to use up. We saw the Terminator movie. The whole date was for free, even our sitter for Kara was free. My friend and I swapped babysitting for each other. Back on Friday night I went to their house to watch her 2 kids, and then she watched Kara for us.

It was a good three day weekend aside from having to go to a funeral.

No comments: