Sunday, June 14, 2009

BOGUS! Photo contest!


I submitted a cute baby pic of baby Kara to the "Great American Photo Contest" then I get the email telling me to forward on the link to friends and family members to help vote for Karas picture to win...Well here is the "link to vote" if you want...but I think it is a load of crap?

https://www.greatamericanphotocontest.com/voter1/index_e.aspx?referid=WlcmKobe&p=1527435&x=.jpg

Once you click on the link to vote it wants you to enter in more information and do surveys, or sign up for stuff...What kind of contest is this? Seems like a marketing ploy, to get people to sign up for junk. I was excited to submit a photo and POSSIBLY win a $2,500 savings bond.

THEN on top of the bogus voting part, I also get an email saying that my photo was selected to publish in a photo book of some sort...I can convienantly oder a copy of this published book with my daughters photo entry for a small fee...just fill out the credit card info, etc...NO THANK YOU

I am not going to pay for a photo contest, I should be winning the book with her photo published...another marketing scam.

No comments: