Saturday, June 06, 2009

Nature Kicked My Butt!

This morning I started the first of 4 exercise classes. The class is called Bikini Boot Camp, with 8 ladies in it. We all meet up at the park, where there are bike/hiking trails, and beautiful scenery. As a group we: hiked up steep hills and down to a flat area to do stretches, walked down 205 steps and back up to an area where we finished up with yoga, for a cool down. It was so rewarding in the end; I was able to physically do the hole routine.

I have not exercised in a whole year basically. I was pregnant most of 2008, but went on walks around the neighborhood...My little 1/2 hour walks around my neighborhood does not compare at all to the walking I did today! WOO! I worked up a sweat, got out of breath, drank my bottled water, etc. It was so rejuvenating. I look forward to next Saturday to do it all over again. The park we hike in is so beautiful, with trees and a lake down below. I might even want to go back on my own with a friend and do some Kayaking in the water there. I will have to look into more info on this park and see if there are rentals available for Kayaking.

2 comments:

Kalanit said...

Wow! I am impressed! Which park?

Martiel said...

a left at the end of Ries Rd. don't know the name of it. It over looks a stream or some kind of water to kyak in.