Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Here is a poem I came across on my computer. I wrote it back in 2006, 5 years ago. I had just moved to Missouri back then when I wrote this poem.


Poem by Martiel Hay Nov 09, 2006

Summer Day Confusion

The sun is blinding
Like a summers day
Or the middle of May
I want to go out and play
While the weather is not too cold
Or so I am told

It is November remember
The trees have gone topless
Dropping their leaves
And exposing their branches!
It is mid-November
But seems like summer
I am wearing my sunglasses
And running the AC
Can't you see
The confusion
With this the illusion?

Is it winter
Or summer
who decides
I feel warm and see blue skies
Right before my very eyes
It should be November
And it might be winter
It feels more like summer
Could have fooled me
As I turn on the AC

No comments: