Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Poem I wrote in 2008

I'm trying to clean up my computer folders and I am looking through old word docs that I have written. I have a couple of poems and a wide variety of other things I have written. So the next couple of blogs here are old by a few years...I am just copy/paste all of the writings that I want to share on this blog. I have in mind that some day when Kara is older she can refer back to this blog and read through what her momma wrote about. Assuming this blog site will be around and also have all my postings still stored online...I sure hope Kara likes these when she is older.


A Man & a Woman in the Bookstore Café
May 21, 2008 Wednesday 5:30pm
Observational poem by: Martiel Hay
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
He gazes into her eyes
As she rattles on about something insignificant
He is mesmerized by her smile
And the green shade of eye shadow she has on
She leans forward in her seat
Anticipating his next word

He discreetly glances at his watch
The spark is dying down…
As he sips his hazelnut latte
She says something funny
Catching his attention
Still not sure how this blind date is going
He hopes to leave holding hands

She’s starting to get the first date jitters
And nervously tares her café napkin
As their date is coming to an end
They leave together from the bookstore café
Not holding hands
But just as good friends

To be continued…

No comments: