Sunday, October 30, 2005

I can cook really I can!


I took a photo of my stove, to help explain my blond moment if you want to call it that...
This stove is modern, electric, with all of the knobs in the back and a digital timer to set on it. The oven dial is also used to switch to the Broiler part.
Tonight for dinner I made some ribs from Montgomery INN, The Rib King. The directions say to place the ribs in the broiler for 4 minutes and flip over for another 3 minutes. OK simple, I can do this.

I placed the ribs in the broiler drawer at the bottom of this stove as I would with older stoves. Four minutes pass, the electric timer on the stove is beeping, and the broiler is cold, then notice the oven part is all warm. ???Apparently this modern stove is a broiler/oven in the middle part and what I thought was the broiler is JUST a drawer. On my moms stove her drawer is actually a broiler, and the stove we had in Burbank was a broiler...So why would I think differently with this one? So I put the ribs on the oven rack to start over with 4 more minutes to cook, then flipped them over for 3 minutes till done.

We just moved in over the summer and I have not used the broiler part to this stove yet until tonight, so cut me some slack, for those who are laughing at my blond moment.

The ribs came out great, the meat was perfect, falling right off the bone. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the Montgomery Inn ribs were my suggestion. Kudos to me