Monday, October 24, 2005

winter waredrobe

Two Californians living in Ohio, the West coast meets the Midwest. There are seasons here, with the fresh, crisp, cool, air in October. No more flip-flops or short sleeved shirts to wear because it is getting cold. I go to the closet and I am looking at my shoes, they are all open toe, or exposed heal, one pair of white sneakers, I need shoes that are warm and covering my whole foot! I don't like my sneakers anymore, because the shoelaces don't stay tied together. Let's see what I have in long sleeve? Oh three tees and two sweatshirts, one that says Wavelengths on it, a surf sweater. It screams California. I need winter clothes and Andrew needs a jacket warmer than his Adidas Windbreaker, and some more slacks. I hear an excuse to go shopping! Fun times, I love shopping...

…I hate shopping! I don't know what size I am any more? Come to think of it I have always been in an awkward size my whole life. As a kid I was smaller in size with not equaling up to quite the right size in clothes, it seemed I was always between a sizes. Say # size was too big but the next size down was too small and I would look for something in-between. Or in High School I was the average size for so long where my size 5 clothes were the first to go out of stock and I couldn't buy the cute top, with my size sold out. This happened to me again today, with trying on these cute plum colored cords. I wanted to get these but one size that fits well in the hips but is too short in length and the next size up is looser but is in the right pants length. UGH!

I am still not a set size, and I am 27, it is not like I am that scrawny little kid I use to be, who use to be awkward in sizes. Apparently I still am. :) Maybe I can set my self at a set size and not be in-between any more? Heck I will even settle for the cute size 5 again and deal with items being sold out; at least they will fit right when I do buy them. I didn't end up buying the cute, plum colored, cords, but I did find a cute, cozy, blue sweater and some long sleeve shirts. Andrew found two winter jackets, both on sale. Thank You Kohl’s Store for the great sales, aside from the cute cords not coming in my size!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

& get a nice warm hat! -gats ;:P

Jenette said...

I hate that between sizes of clothing! I have the same problem! :)