Saturday, October 01, 2005

OK so it is my fault! Sigh, my car is smashed in a little bit on the hood and I made a small dent on the SUVs plastic bumper. What happened was I was coming to a stop on Mullhouser road, sort of congested traffic, being 5pm after work, I didn't stop soon enough and hit the SUV in front of me bumper to bumper. Big Oops! When it happened I found myself in this slow motion act, I could see my car hitting her SUV and not being able to do anything, tried putting more of my breaks on but hit her still. The hood of my car was slowly approaching her big, plastic, grey bumper, and I then heard a bonk sound. It was now a car accident and I was at fault. Take the cell phones out of our purses, call the insurance people, and deal with it. She called for a cop to come to make the accident report while I was on my phone with the insurance.

SIDE NOTE: In California if I am the cause of an accident I don't receive a ticket. In Ohio I am the cause of a car accident I get a ticket! Cry...I have never had a ticket before, in the ten years that I have been driving. So now I was rewarded my very first ticket, by the cute officer of West Chester. UGH! 85 bucks later!

So of course the SUV is just a small dent in the plastic, my car is smashed in the hood area. Just turned in my car yesterday to the body shop, and today picked up a rental car. Oh and her bumper has a toe hitch on the bottom which left a small hole in my front bumper.

physically the other gal in the Suv and me are ok. I was coming to a stop in the first place so i was only going about 5 -10 mph. Why did this even happen? I drive this rought often and know that the stop is sudden on this road! Arrrrrrg!

Blog later, I am off to a friends house to a basket party. To be for warned...I have birthdays and anniversaries in mind, so you might get a basket from me. =)

No comments: