Thursday, October 13, 2005

OH. Weather in CA.

It is now October, where it should be getting colder, and maybe even snow towards the end of the month as some Ohio locals tell me? But I don't see it. I grew up on the central coast of California, and have not lived with snow yet, nor had much of the seasons to live in yet. So last week I was noticing the leaves changing colors on the trees for fall, and became all excited about the seasons changing, and how different this will be living in Ohio at this time of year compared to a California fall. In California maybe there will be some trees turning color, but not like the trees here. Ohio is beautiful with an abundance of trees, all changing slowly from green, to light yellow, to orange, and to lipstick red on some. There is a batch of trees by my home I keep wanting to take a series of pics to track the color changing, then I will post them on a later blog.

OK, so visibly I see fall coming, and maybe it has dropped in temperature to about 65 from the humid summers here, but this is not very noticeable. This morning I was driving to work in the FOG! This fog was thick like a cloud had lost its air and sank to ground level. Not like Morro Bay Fog, a lighter form of it. Occasionally there is a dense fog in Morro Bay (CA), but usually light fog. (Listen to me, I sound like a weather girl!)

Anyways I went to MSN.com where I checked the weather in Morro Bay, and the weather here in Ohio, and it is about the same right now. Back home in California it is 58 degrees, and here in Ohio it is 61 degrees, with some fog. Right now we share the same weather at this time of year (so far), and I feel a tad bit closer to home some how with the same weather.

California is not all sunshine and warmth as people believe...and for the palm trees, most of those are put in by landscapers. California has a lot of hype, to the ideal it presents to the rest of the world, but as for today, it is cloudy and colder than Ohio, "So there" Not so sunny in California after all. :^P

No comments: