Saturday, December 13, 2008

007 Critique

I went to the theater last nigh with my friend, Jenay. We saw the new 007 movie, !Quantum of Solace. The James Bond actor is Daniel Craig for the second time in a row. He has also done a dynamite job in the HBO series Rome.

I kept track during the movie of how many different modes of transportation James Bond operated. Four types of transportation, he drove (1) Boat, (1) motor scooter, (1) airplane and (4 vehicles!

I should have counted how many wardrobe changes he made! He NEVER carried any luggage on him, in the movie. Only twice; the movie shows him stealing some Else's clothes. Other parts in the movie he would be in the desert running from someone and wearing a different outfit. One scene made sense, where he sneaks into a dinner function and knocks out a guy, and steals his tux. It was so distracting for me to watch the movie, noticing small details like this. I am an observer and look for off the wall things in the movie. I know, I am strange.
THEN the lady who is James Bond's boss (Judi Dench) only wears one outfit (pictured below)! She is wearing, in 90 % of this movie, the black blazer, white collared blouse, and dainty necklace on her neck. There may be a part of the movie where she wore some other outfit, but I don't recall. I just found it odd for her character to be wearing ONE outfit and the James Bond character wearing 10+ and with NO suitcases. Jumping around from country to country and from rooftop to rooftop.

No comments: