Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy Cravings!

I was food shopping the other day and on the shelf was a jar of Pickled Beets, begging to hop into my cart! What was I thinking? I bought a jar or pickled beets!? Must be a prego craving. I do like them at salad bars, but I have never bought them before at a store. Actually I didn't even now one could even buy these at a store. I have only seen these in Salad Bars like at Sizzler or Home Town Buffet type places.

In case you are wondering what a pickled beet is, it's those purple, sliced, round, beets. On Sunday, I took the jar of Pickled Beets out of the fridge, struggled to open it up and dished out 5 slices to nibble on. Not bad. Still odd though. Being pregnant really does persuade you to eat things out of the ordinary, and to actually have cravings for certain foods. I never understood it myself until I joined the prego club. Last night I was driving home and picked up my weekly craving of Orange Chicken to go. Yummy in my tummy. Baby likes it too, she kicks after I eat it. *Photos found on internet, copy/pasted into blog.

No comments: