Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Audrey or Kara? VOTE NOW!

Our baby is due March 25th or so. It is looking like I am measuring at 2 weeks ahead of the due date! So any day in March. I'm 28 weeks now. Andrew and I are back and forth on our baby's first name. At first we had Audrey Kara Hay; to be named after Audrey Hepburn. This name is also the same initials A.K.H. and fit nicely as a little girls name. NOW we are both liking the name Kara as a first name a bit more than Audrey...but we have told everyone already that she'll be named Audrey! Some friends tell me it's OK to change the name around, nothing is set into stone until it is written on the Birth Certificate! Changing to Kara as her first name would mess up the whole Audrey Hepburn A.K.H. name. She would be K.A.H. as Kara Audrey Hay!

It is so hard picking a name out! This name will be what she goes by as a kid, adult, and grandma...her whole life as which ever name we pick. She could be DR. Audrey or a Teacher, Judge Kara, or Police woman Audrey....who knows!?

To my fellow blog readers: HELP! We want your input/vote. Which do you like better? Audrey? or Kara? as her first name.

Click on the comment, below, to vote and let us know. We are running a poll & I want your vote!

4 comments:

J said...

I like them both-- however, I think I like how the name Kara Audrey 'flows' better than Audrey Kara. Either way, you can't go wrong. Do what you both like- go with whatever you choose whether it is the same of different than your original choice. Everyone will be wild about your little girl no matter her name!!

Crazed Aunt said...

I think Audrey makes a better adult name than Kara, but you should name her what you want. I have heard it's good to have a few options because sometimes the baby comes out and just looks like a certain name. And think of it this way, since she's the first of 10, eventually she'll become "Hey You" or "Big One"!!!!!!! Lol. Merry Christmas!

Martiel said...

Silly April, which is it? Kara or Audrey for your vote??? You do make a good point.

Anonymous said...

June votes for Audrey
Austin votes Audrey
Jeff votes Audrey