Saturday, December 06, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

Andrew and I flew out to CA to visit with family. Thanksgiving dinner was very nice with Andrew's folks and his brother, our sister-in-law, and their yr old son. I loved the pumpkin pie, we were all so full after dinner, we took it back to our hotel for later. My M-I-L was so sweet to my preggy belly, patting it and talking to baby Audrey. Then as we were leaving she kissed my belly to say buy to Audrey for the night. So sweet. She is going a fun grandma to little Audrey.

On Friday we headed down to Long Beach for a quick visit over to his grandparents house. On the way there we stopped by IN N OUT a local burger joint to the California area. It's funny because both Kyoung and I are pregnant and had a big craving for IN N OUT since we can't get it back where we live now. We could only get it when visiting in CA. So we made a to go order to bring along and share with the grandparents. While we were waiting Andrew was holding his nephew to get in some "daddy practice" and just as he was saying, "I could do this, piece of cake, (holding a kid and handling them in public)." Andrew then pauses and asks, "why is my arm all warm?" We didn't know what was happening and he puts little man down and we all start giggling, because Andrew had a big pee spot on his shirt and sleeve! HA! Little man was so relaxed and sleepy and just let loose, having an accident on Andrew! OOOPS. teehee.

When we got to Grandpas he borrowed an old shirt from him to change into...When I say, "old" I mean straight form the 70s with metal snaps old! It fit Andrew so well.
Photo below!!! HA!


While we were at the house I had to take this photo. It is 4 generations of the Hay Men in the family. Andrew, Gordon Jr. (Bobs brother), Bob (Andrew's dad), Grandpa Gordon (Bob/Gordon's dad), Jordan (Andrews brother), & little man (Jordan's son). Grandpa Gordon is 96 yrs old, and little man is 2 yrs old, a big fluctuation in ages.

A pretty photo of Grandma Thelma's Rose garden out front of their house.
Friday night we went to a restaurant for dinner at the West Lake Village Inn where Andrew and I were married 6 yrs ago! We took a photo opp by the gazebo we were married at. It was symbolic, being there now 6yrs later and with me being 6 months pregnant with our first child.



On Saturday, Andrew and drove up to the Santa Barbara Mission and meet up with my folks and had an early lunch, walked around and took more pictures. Our baby to be will be my parents first grandchild, it was so special for them to see me with a prego belly and share that moment together.

There were candles to purchase and then place on the candle lighting prayer table in the mission. I bought one to light up a prayer for our soon to be baby, Audrey. Andrew and I lit the candle together, praying for a long, healthy and happy life for our baby. Our candle is the first one in the front row.Then there was a stairway to what use to be a door way and is now a window. I titled this photo, "Stairway to Heaven" Because when you go up to heaven, you get your wings, and just fly through the window, and not need the doorway. This was at the S.B. Mission. Something so simple can be something so symbolic.


No comments: