Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Major Freudian Slip!

Andrew and I are shoping at the Home Depot in the Plumbing department. We were picking out a toilet part and I see on the shelf some Calk. It is a sealant that comes in a tube and is called Calk (pronounced Cock), and sometimes applied to cracks and corners with a calking gun. First off, I am in bathroom mode and thinking of house repairs to fix up. I am inisantly saying the word Calk to Andrew, but to him it is coming out ALL wrong.

Conversation played out between Andrew and I:

Ooh, I need some calk! ...for the shower in the bathroom.

Some what?

Calk, I use to help my dad out when he used his, except he would use a gun with his calk...I wonder if we need to find a gun to use this calk with?

Huh?

Back when we remodeled the Margarita house we finished up the bathroom and lined the tub with his calk and gun. I don't see a gun for this...The gun makes the calk squirt out smoothly and less mess...

Martiel! stop saying that word!

What word, GUN?

No, (whispering) Calk! and using it in the same sentence as you helping your dad out with his calk!

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!! OOOOOH! oops. I totally didn't mean that. Well it is a good thing I didn't go up to a Home Depot guy and ask him to show me where he keeps his calk and guns at!!! HAHA!

(Whispering back to me) Quiet, Martiel, let's go now, no more calk talk!

Andrew was getting imbarassed and I was oblivious to what I was saying. Some one walking by could take my words out of context.

2 comments:

J said...

Love it!! LOL!!!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!
-Janie

justcarly said...

That story is hilarious Martiel!!