Thursday, December 29, 2005

I need 6 pennies & 7 more nickels!

I am 6 pennies and 7 nickels short of two more rolled coins. We had an overflowing coin dish collecting pocket change, and change found at the bottom of my purse. Then there is also the change given at a drive thru and we just throw it in the ashtray of the car. I am sure you all have a similar dish or jar of spare change, so go gather up all your change from under your sofa cushions and in the dish and out side in the ashtray of your car, and start rolling. I am sure you will be amazed as I was when I decided to take ten minutes out of my day to sort through it and roll the coins up! (The bank will give you the paper rolls for free; get some the next time you are at the bank)



I ended up with $53.50 just sitting there in the “spare change” pile! If I had 6 pennies and 7 nickels more, then I could complete two more rolls. I will then have $56. We could use a little more moola, who doesn’t?

With the 56 dollars, we can go out to dinner twice, or go to the movies 3 or 4 times, go skiing and rent our skies with the $56, or even order 15 Carmel Lattes from Starbucks! Of course the $56 should go towards paying bills…but what fun is that?

No comments: