Thursday, December 08, 2005

I survived my first 4 inches of snow!


My work was let out at 3:30 today instead of 5pm to get home while the snow was just starting, rather than 2 hours later. So I drove with caution, and got home in an hour and have front wheel drive. Andrew, on the other hand, takes the bus to work from downtown and stood up in the bus like a sardine the whole way for THREE hours! Then to drive home from the Park N Ride, he said it was so hard to do, having a sports car, it is not really snow steady, with rear wheel drive. He drove in 2nd gear the whole way and was fish tailing at 15 mph. He was so happy to finally get home. He got on the bus at 6pm and got home about 9:40! Wild! A 3 hr ride on the bus; at least it is free to ride through his work, and the bus driver does all of the driving.


I have been at home, like a nerd that I am, running around with my ruler in hand sticking it in the snow, and each time getting 4 inches. I had a fun time here, taking photos, while Andrew was a sardine on the bus.


The pond here is frozen over accept where the fountain part is. I took a photo of the pond, the 4 inch snow, and my car blanketed by snow, for you to see. I say "you" in a general term mostly addressing this to Californians back home, who have not been in snow much. And to YOU, local Ohio natives, can enjoy my "rookie snow humor" also as I blog about it and post photos.

No comments: