Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It is official snow season!

December 6th it is officially snow season; according my calculations...Let's see, I have used the ice scraper for three mornings so far, had ice cycles on my car, have seen the snow fall but only to melt away as it landed on surfaces... Then today I was driving in a light snow where it actually lingers behind a bit, leaving about a centimeter of snow dusted lightly on the ground and the pond by the apartment entrance is snowed over. The pond looks frozen, but it was sort of hard to see it tonight coming home in the darkness. I will check it out again tomorrow to take a photo to post later.

I am excited being that this is my first winter. To the Ohio locals living through many years of winter and snow seasons, it is a drag it seems. No body seems as excited as I am. People tell me to just wait about a month later in January and I will be complaining about “when will the snow go away?”, or BRRR! It is SOOO COLD! Some say I will be running back to California.

I say welcome to winter; it can't be as bad as the humid summers? I like hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, wearing sweaters, making snow angels, and sitting by a fire next to my hubby. Winter is a beautiful time of year I have only experienced here and there over the 27 years I have been around. It is not a common season for me, so I don't mind (yet) scraping my windshields in the morning, if I equal it out with the beauty snow brings. Happy Winter everyone. Last year, on Christmas day I was on the beach looking at tide pools and picking up shells. I even found an Abalone shell. This year, I will be out side making a snow man, the moment there is enough snow on the ground to play in.

No comments: